Title V of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) generally prohibits any financial or insurance institution directly or through its affiliates, from sharing nonpublic personal information about you with a nonaffiliated third party unless the institution provides you with a notice of its privacy policies and practices, such as the type of information that it collects about you and the categories of persons or entitles to whom it may be disclosed. In compliance with the GLBA, we are providing you with this document, which notifies you of the privacy policies and practices of Stoudt’s Insurance Agency.
OUR PRIVACY POLICIES AND PRACTICES
- We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms.
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, and others.
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency.
- We may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, about our customers or former customers, to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other financial or insurance institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements. We may also disclose information about our customers or former customers as permitted by law.
- We may disclose nonpublic personal information about you, such as we have described above, to the following types of third parties that perform marketing services on our behalf or with whom we have joint marketing agreements.
- Fulfillment service providers, such as envelope stuffing services.
- Financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements which is limited to insurance providers.
- We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information in order to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
We may also disclose nonpublic personal information about you to nonaffiliated third parties as permitted by law.
If you wish to prohibit information contained in your consumer report from being used in connection with an insurance transaction you do not initiate, please call 1-888-567-8688 (1-888-5OPT OUT), the common toll free notification number established by national credit reporting agencies to process such requests, or write to: Trans Union Corporation, Attn: Marketing Opt-Out, PO Box 97328, Jackson MS 39288-7328; Equifax Options, PO Box 740123, Atlanta GA 30324-0123; Experian Opt-Out, PO Box 919, Allen TX 75013.